No wedding is complete without getting your guests out of their seats and onto the dance floor. Whether you’re a fan of the traditional stuff, like the line dances of yesteryear, or looking for a playlist comprised of today’s hits, we’ve got your back.
Ensure your wedding reception is an unforgettable night by having these fun dance songs played at your wedding reception.
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA — This 1976 song is still a beloved hit today thanks to the Mamma Mia! play and films. Get your wedding guests out of their seats with this easy-listening bop that will remind them anyone can dance, jive, and have the time of their lives.
- “Levitating” by Dua Lipa — A 2020 smash hit, this song will get the younger crowd involved on the dance floor. It’s catchy, easy to sing and dance to, and appropriate for all ages.
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston — Whitney’s iconic “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” is another song that will inspire your wedding guests to get out of their seats and onto the dance floor. The best part is it’s a cross-generational song that can please a crowd of any size.
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars — This song might be from 2015, but it’s still a crowd favorite at today’s wedding receptions. Like so many of these songs, this has a beat and lyrics that will appeal to all ages.
- “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen — Weddings are such a good time; who wants them to end? Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now” will inspire your guests to keep the party going all night long.
- “Come and Get Your Love” by Redbone — Made new again by the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, this 1973 hit will remind all your wedding guests why they’re celebrating: your love!
- “Fancy Like” by Walker Hayes — This 2022 hit is for all the country music fans in your life. Not only is “Fancy Like” a great sing-along song, but it’s also set to a tempo that’s easy to dance to, no matter how young or old.
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)” by Stevie Wonder — Yet another easy-listening song that’s great to dance to, Wonder’s hit will appeal to your older wedding guests and maybe inspire the younger ones to start listening to “Little Stevie.”
- “Cha Cha Slide” by DJ Casper — If you need help getting your wedding guests on the dance floor (and actually moving!), play this easy-to-follow line dance song.
- “Levels” by Avicii — This fun dance song is perfect for keeping your wedding guests’ energy high. If you’re not ready to go home, have the DJ play this song before the night’s end.
Remember — there’s no right or wrong when it comes to your wedding playlist. It’s all based on your tastes as a couple and the crowd you invited to celebrate with you. If you’re getting married in Philadelphia, make sure you hire a DJ or wedding band that communicates with you and gets to know your musical preferences. After all, they’re responsible for keeping everyone on their feet!
Are you looking for the best wedding DJ and wedding bands in Philadelphia? EBE is the premier place for both! When you are ready to make decisions about the entertainment that will perform at your wedding, EBE is here to help. Learn more about our upcoming showcases.